The Tao of Gav.
I joined Gav in hiring a bike to get around Pha-ngan easier, taking care not to scrape his foot like he did. (Who rides a bike in flip flops)? We made our way to Phukaonoi Temple and met the monk, who invited us in to say prayers and bless us in front of a 380 year old statue of Buddha. Then we had tea and he showed us his photos from when he stayed in England last year. He had been to Windsor Castle and looks really cool stood in between two PCs. Then came the surreal part - There's photos of him in the drivers seat of a massive Ferrari with Jay Kay from Jamiroquai. No, really. The conversation kind of went like this:
"You know this man?"
"Yeah, that's.. Jay... Kay. Isn't it?"
"Yes, came to Thailand last year so I go stay in England."
Jay Kay isn't the exception, he stays with loads of people who visit him, all over the world. He has masses of photo albums and letters from friends everywhere.
That was the story of when Gav and I met the well traveled monk, Somchai.

4 Comments:
wow i'm jealous! i think i'm gonna become a monk...oh no wait a second, i guess i'll have to be a nun...that doesnt sound as much fun...ah well back to being a band whore haha glad you're having fun john, love janine xxx
10:15 pm
Hi John
Why don't you have a livejournal damn it?!
I'm really glad to hear you're having a great time. I am still very jealous. I expect a huge present!
Email me if you get chance or add me to msn:
emily_bull@hotmail.com
The radio station will be online hopefully sometime in September. Our new head of music is a bit Too overenthusiastic and has been pestering me with emails.
Come visit preston soon when you get back. We miss you!
love Emily
ps. Thankyou for introducing me to Stu... um, yeah. :oD
11:01 am
Yeah, so? You're travelling the world, I've been to Sheffield and London. How the excitement of life gets too much for me...
When do you get back? (i.e. when do I get my 'great' present?)
Laters,
Ian
2:16 pm
i was wearing stolen flip flops cos my trainers went AWOL with john.addmittly, i did go AWOL first.bloody flip flops.
3:07 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home