Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Bionic sky.

Yesterday was fantastic. We got ourselves together and found our way to the Empire State building. It was a hell of a lot of hassle to get up there (queuing and $12 fee) but I feel that the view just about made it worth the metal detectors, cramped elevators and smart arse staff. Manhattan looks amazing from the 86th floor.
We then called Jeremy about arrangements for watching Macy's 4th of July fireworks. Instead of getting down to the river with the crowds we had got ourselves an invite to a rooftop party over in Brooklyn. Have you ever seen single fireworks that make globes and smiley faces? Neither had I.
Best fireworks, EVER.
On the way back to the hostel we took a cab up Central Park West and talked to the taxi driver about the fireworks.
I said something like "I didn't think fireworks like that were possible."
He said "In New York anything's possible!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi oi! We just got broadband so I've come to check out your escapades.

1. A-Train.. hehehe.. Was it a lumbering mess of botched travel, slow moving hairiness?

2. You didn't get in the wrasslin - hahahaha! Sorry. Sucks.

3. There is no 3.

Carry on having fun/drinking.

-IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANOS

6:16 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey kiddo,

Man, i don't think i could be more jealous of anything right now after having just caught up on your adventures. Just got back from London and i've been hit by that bleak feeling you get when you realise there's nothing to look forward to in life bar a pint at the Queens of an evening. Highly depressing. Surprised you are even managing the minimal sightseeing with all the drinking and blagging you have been doing, sounds like you're keeping it real... hehe.

I DO want a postcard... 25 Newburns Lane, Oxton, Wirral, CH43 5SX. Let me know the Tokyo dates as soon as you work it out, would be so much fun to see you out there.

Catch you later, Nim xxx

1:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home