Four Flavours of Football.
On reflection Sydney could have been a lot more fun if I wasn't ill. Even if I'd done everything and been everywhere the highlight would still have been meeting up with Dan. We hooked up again on Thursday afternoon when he knocked off from work and hung out till night time. The main lesson learned is that playing hackysack in a living room when you're as baked as toast is tricky. It was cool (after being able to catch up earlier in the week) to just be friends and hang out and not feel awkward at all. I think that's what 'friends forever' actually means if you cut away all the soppy sentimental shite - just being able to pick up where you left off.
Actually I did drag myself out of the hostel and see loads of cool stuff, just not as much as I would've liked. Ben and I talked on MSN and he inspired me to go find some fun on my own - so I went to see Dashboard Confessional at the Enmore Theatre near Newtown. The Enmore was cool, imagine the Manchester Apollo was half it's size. The gig was excellent, and while I know the emo related comments are winging their way toward me - I don't care. I think Dashboard have been hyped so much as the Patron Saints of Emo that the fact they write really, really good songs gets overlooked by people too busy pointing and shouting 'cheer up emo kid', or something equally unoriginal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home