Friday, July 23, 2004

Bula! Bula!

Tonight is the last of five nights spent in Fiji. I fly to Sydney (via Auckland) at four in the morning. Ouch. Fiji is the exact opposite to big US cities, the island we stayed on is called Beachcomber and it takes 10 minutes to walk around it's perimeter. In sandals. Fijians are really friendly people and the Beachcomber staff were no exception. During the week I have visited villages, snorkeled coral reefs (blue starfish are amazing), drank hideous amounts of Fiji Bitter and dozens of bowls of kava (mad root based drink that makes you go a little numb and fights the effect of alcohol - handy). Most importantly though, I've chilled out on a white sandy beach and enjoyed free excellent cooked meals, clean towels and bed linen every day on a tiny little tropical island.
The trade off is that I've found mosquitoes love me, as do sea lice. Sea lice? What the fuck are sea lice? Why didn't anyone tell me about these little invisible motherfuckers? Bring me the head of Bill Oddie.
All insects aside, Fiji is mint.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting more and more jealous as the days progress, but then I can just remember that YOU MISSED THE WRASSLIN!! AHAHAHA! Ahem..

Anyway, don't forget it's SOMEONE'S birthday you're missing on Wednesday (28th), so he's expecting many many gifts as an apology. Many.

Ian
xxxxxxxxx

9:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Jen but I don't have an account because I'm a spaz. WHAT ARE SEA LICE? Sound vile..... I'm incredibly jealous by the idea of beaches and lazing about and woah. :D Hope you're having a good time!

9:17 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you're having an awesome time babe, and i'm glad!! i like reading your diary and seeing what you're up to :)

take care sweetie

janine
xxx

12:08 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home