I want a riot of my own...
Here's an cut and pasted section of the email I got from my little brother yesterday:
"...i have to be the bearer of bad news, you see those other kids who live with Kari, well another one joined the roster and sided with the other two leaving Kari three against one, and this new girl probably wanted to fit in so they planned everything and anyway they all went the shop wednesday night at eight and then the two who trashed her room stood by and watched this new girl beat Kari up. Kari was left disentorientated wandering the streets and some women found her at ELEVEN meanwhile the other three had been back at the home since NINE and they said that Kari had met friends and gone off."
Turns out Kari also had concussion and a split lip and various other bruises. In short she's taken a proper beating. Here's me being flown to Helsinki on Tuesday and I'm worring about how much money I'm going to earn on tour. Now I feel like a tit. Perspective is a funny thing. To everyone who will see my sister before I do: Give her a hug from me.
On a different note, tomorrow is the 1st of May. In Berlin that means a free punk festival, people taking the day off work and the odd anarchist causing a ruckus with the police. I intend to see all the free music I can and attend the coolest street parties possible looking like as much of a tourist as possible that I might not get mistaken for a crime... inal... a criminal. Some peeople have said it can be quite mental, others have said it's nothing to worry about. I'll keep my passport on me just in case and stick near Strobe and her mates. They're a good bunch.
Time for some humor methinks. The U-bhan ticket inspectors are all plain clothes undercover ticket inspectors. It freaked me out when this random guy in jeans and a t-shirt stood up, made a grand statement in German and then everybody who knew what was going on showed him their tickets... So German...

2 Comments:
hey john
i'm really sorry to hear that about Kari..thats awful :( i swear kids are actually evil sometimes.
Hope you're having fun in Berlin and have fun on tour :) and keep posting in here cos i like reading about what you get upto.
Janine
(ex UCLAN)
10:51 am
hey , i am trying to get at my hotmail but every time i try the computer throws a hissy fit and crashes ! say hello to mike for me . have a good tour . kari will be ok . take care of yourself . lots of love .
George .
5:42 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home